Blog Archive

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Room

This is my room
See the posters on the wall
All the people smiling for you
Movie stars,
And big pop stars,
And everybody that you hate
yes this is the room
the place I go to keep you out,
Fake smiles looking at me
Soothing through me,
Dancing on me,
This is my room
Pardon all the mess,
Scraps of paper around the desk
Little songs I wrote in spite of you,
Or to spite you I forget
yes this is the room
No your not allowed in without me
Stay off my bed,
Don't stain my sheets,
Only stand where I can see you,
hands where I can see them too,
Don't fuck around now,
Or i'll have to shoot you down,
Welcome to my room,
Its a hacks apartment all lit up with broken lights,
Glass shattered from the night,
Before we met,
yes this is the room
Where my dreams won't come true
Hours and hours of sitting down
Waiting on the sound
of inspiration,
Though for awhile its been dead,
Caged in my sins,
Lost in the reverse psychology of me,
My room,
Is a place of torture and serenity,
Computer screens staring back at me
Blank and desperate,
Even after all this time i'm lost in here,
Can't find the door amongst the tears,
Yes this is the room,
Where a legend could be born,
But not today,
So please go away,
Leave the window cracked,
Let in the breeze,
I'm desperate for it,
So would be so kind, please,
And thank you.
My room, my room, my room,
I'm not sure if I can get it from around me,
Break the boundary,
make the sound react,
a friction blast,
I can't last like this,
The whole wide world and its beady little red eyes staring down at me,
Eating away at me,
Taking the piss with me
Ripping me to shreds,
Now i'm off to bed,
I can't keep on dreaming of death songs,
Cause I just want to live here,
in my room,
A disguise in place,
Where my guise is restrained,
like a shirt hanging in my closet,
Neatly dangling there,
When i'm forced to leave,
oh yes i'm forced to leave,
I can only hope one day i'll find our room,
Where we can hang out insecurities on the walls,
Put our hopes on a shelf like little china dolls,
Breathe lightly with one another,
Feel safe and secure in a little hollow cage,
Serenity,
My room, is serenity, our room, is serenity,
Please shut off the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment