Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Once Upon a Time on Myspace September 18th, 2009

Reflections on a Spinning Plate:

a lone star feeling of servitude to the fellow man
who spits in your tea
and licks your palm to disgust you and give you disease
the pathetic son of a pathetic father
who doesn't understand the human condition
blasted by the masses
for being to encompassed in compassion
a bold mistake in the mere flakes of snow falling down
you are nothing but cold
and the laser light show has been reserved for nothing
catastrophe is bittersweet
pushing you down and pulling you out
what is it then that lets me sit in turmoil
under the stars dreaming i am happy
feeling it to
in this last indignation of morose ideals
pitted under my cleated feet
the time may come
when the grass is torn from the earth
and fire prevails where water once flourished
and the rivers don't run
but collide into nothingness
against jagged stones of lava rock
do not begrudge me a grim outlook
it is not for me to say what isn't said
the time may come when you understand these words,
and until then you will see me as depressive
but the answer is as clear as ice
and gone just as quickly in a desert sun
once removed from the cooler
i am optimistically stupid
and naive thoughts serve to better me
i am a child trapped in an aging body of flab
and failure may follow me around
but i choose to look on some brighter plane
and when you decide to finally spit on me
and lick my palms
to give me diseases,
i will take them
i will wipe them, and die
and i will try to find a guided light
shrouded in what you supposed was misery with me

No comments:

Post a Comment