Blog Archive

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Clouds of Collective Calamity

I was caught in a cloud of collective calamity
It surged lightning through my bones like blood through my veins
It was immaculate and terrifying, righteous and humble
I was stuck there for days breathing in rain drops
Exhaling ice blocks, believing in dreams of a far of place
Caught, stranded, struck, and folded in twain
I am back from the dead, and I am floating down stream.
Do you see it?  This nonsense they speak to you,
They say it to you in clearer tones, in simple verse,
And you eat it up, even though the excrement is obvious
you treat it like a ten course meal.
Do you see it? This world before you a mushroom clouds shadow,
It lingers there amongst your footwear,
Watching you, at least that's what they'll tell you.
Here in my cloud, in my prison, in my cage of tortures,
I can see it all, I can see your panic, I can see your fear.
And who made you feel panic, fear, whose making a fool of you?
Your pulpits, and your box seats? You video boxes, and your trash magazines?
All of the above, the snakes are out of the box,
Crooked and Cranky, hungry and vengeful,
They were bunched up, hunched up, crunched up,
Shaken and stirred amongst the aroma of a thousand mice.
You, the rodents they sought, paralyzed under their beady eyes,
Us, the many startled fawns, staring down the grill of a gas guzzling mega pick up,
The threw us in the fire, told us their was no way out, no water to save us,
and they pointed down this path, this road, this track,
And they cast the shadow of the mushroom cloud, a clever trick of mirrors,
A horrid game, created by horrid people, who spew out the same lies they've spewed for centuries,
and from my clouds I can see like Zeus, like God, all the ways in which they maneuver,
I even yell out for you, offer a rope when I can, as my own storm rages on,
and God weeps, and the gods weep with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment