Blog Archive

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Home for No One

Its going to be probably another day for the short story, but in the meantime, here's this little piece of poetry, I write quick when it comes to poetry, I try to let it come out naturally.  And I don't follow any kind of rule about it, it may rhyme, it may not, and it may on accident, if it doesn't make sense, that's fine, it doesn't have to, sometimes I just like the way certain words sound next to one another, and I try to make sense of it all, and I usually always have a reason for writing a line, there is something behind it.

Someone spoke of loves many splendors
and that just poisons me
A mind full of impressions
and nothing to fathom for
a smell of sickly plants
watered obsessively
and drowned deliberately
out of love
Roses and their thorns
and all those gagging cliches
A spectacle of hogs on all fours
and she's dancing a horrid jig
and all the dreamers
wake up to too little time
clocks turned forward
while the hopes pulled back
Sometimes the healthy habits
taste like dog shit
And men only think they know
how digusting it is

No comments:

Post a Comment