Blog Archive

Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Song of a Degenerate Prick

If by some miracle the noise never settles
and we are blasted on cocaine and Ecstasy
if the internal police can't restrain us
and we are spiraling out of control
If by some wrong doing we find a little peace
Then don't allow us to be subjugated any longer
Then the shackles of decency fade from memory
in the very weary world that bound us as children
It will be business as usual
As angel powder feeds through my mind
Miles a minute, in a minute or three
Given a time to persuade our better judgement
Letting it shrink down in my size
And silencing only the conscience from regurgitating
Our meat.
If this is the loudest it can go
Build a new box of sounds
that can excel only to the maximum threshold
To cause a hint of deafness
i will not answer your phone calls,
Nor will i limit myself to phone calls,
If you need to reach me after a beep
You have no reason to be here
Enter freely and at your own risk
Let the windfall be of your own devising
To live fast and dangerously is a gift
So if you choose your world on the back of a horse cart
move to the other side of the street
i will bypass you and plow through pedestrians on my way to the middle
Given that I'll never see the top because
As i have no second sight
i forgot to pack for a rock climbing expedition
So excuse me while I'm driving
and your dead and gone
I'll recite the pledge of allegiance
only  to the alien masses
And when they pull me out of my hotel room on a gurney
Already half dead and half spiteful that they tried to save me
I'll thank the gods for their are more than one
I'll thank the gods of excess, sex and devastation
For to feel this pain was to feel alive
and to be alive is to not give two shits
No matter what calmer minds have said
they were only at ten percent capacity
Give up the fight
I already did as the monotone beep of my heart monitor sounds
and before you put me in the ground
Lay a pack of Marlboro's on my breast pocket
I'll share them with the devil
Since twice I've been to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment