Blog Archive

Monday, August 29, 2016

Words of Caution from the Broken to the Mongers

I saw the way you looked into my soul
With the eyes of a thief
And the fear of a fool
Inching ever so closely to the edge of oblivion
Lest ye observe inside
That which you did not want to see
Because I know if you saw it
My soul,
Deep inside, behind the cage of my heart
You would have seen it gazing back at you
Slanted eyes and wicked cackle
Flippant and agitated
Reaching out with its razor sharp stare
Cutting through the very fabric of your blasphemy
Go ahead keep on burning through
The laser pupils melting through the flesh
Taking apart the very fabric of my skin
My muscles,
Through the fluid of blood,
And mucus,
Deep under there in some microscopic hole
I have reinforced it
And as much as you tear through the rest of me
My soul is free within the confines of itself
And my foolish heart
Well it can't be helped
I'll let you in,
Just know you'll never get all of me,
Unless you cut the shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment