Monday, November 9, 2015

A Reflection in a Pool of Glass

I am at a loss
Looking to find the way
Though the way is not clearly described
I can reach to feel
But I can seldom move to find
Trapped in my own guise
As a thoughtful type
Sliding single toes 
So that each digit can know the surface
Can find the pathway
That might set me loose
But I'm slipping
Falling into the facade of my fabrication
Deciphering simile's but never finding similarities
Contact is regarded with cautious mind
Knowing that fingertips leave residue
And that the night sky does too
I am at the brink
The ice is cracking
And I'm afraid I want to spill in
Tumble down the rabbit hole
Find the conflict where there never was
Making up rhymes
To pass the times
Letting my imagination go superfluous
Pondering the qualms the people have
Hoping for a happy ending to a hopeless situation
Because the light burned out
And I cannot be troubled to change the bulb
Though I like the dark
As I develop the questions
But not good for answers
Invisible in the red hue
I am seeking a decoder
A puzzle to limit this puzzle
The socializing remnants of a dormant life
Wrapped up in cryogenic slumber
A pod for feasting
When your mouth fails to work
And I know I'll sound crazy
As the whispers venture out of sealed lips
Like water leaking out of the spaces
So minute that one would seldom believe they are there
Save for those stains
That expand about darkening what was never before darkened
And letting the light shine in
I am reaching a conclusion
Even though I have not defined my thesis
Even though I have not declared my major
Except that I know it to be terminal
Definite,
Absolute
That is what I know
That is,
As they say
How it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment