Wednesday, December 2, 2015

What Is Left

About the time that I read the words I had already completed the picture
The cliche's were abound and the relentless hoardes had demanded blood
All I wanted them to do was embrace me in calming love
But they slaughtered me because of something a giant oaf had said
I pleaded and I showed that our interests were shared alone
But I fell under their blades as the oafish one laughed so strange
Contemplating my life I felt the cold rush of realization
That I should have been a little louder
And thrust my knife in to others backs
Because they of course were doing the same to me
and while I peer into my abyss
Drowning and feeling left abandoned
I take pride that I'm not broken
Just bruised as they send my lifeless body down the river styx.

No comments:

Post a Comment