Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Between a Needle and a Hard Case

There's a pin prick at the back of my neck
Like a sword that couldn't go in
Waiting there on its tip
To destroy me
And spill my soul out onto the floor
I can feel it
But am unable to move
A stark drab and fortitude of bricks lay before me
Delaying my progress
And I unable to push away
Lest the sword pierce my skin
And like I said once before
My soul will spill out onto the floor
I'm contemplating life
As one usually does
Seeing the thousand figures passing by
Like slides of photographs
At the movie show
When put together make the illusion of movement
But I am very much standing still
Its a scary thing to be caught in a trap
Thinking on all the things and where there at
Debating the lasting impressions
That you placed on the last impersonal people you met
Or the ones who met the world to you
Feeling your feet getting sore on the ground
Imagining just stepping back
And watching it all spill out,
Your soul,
Onto the floor.
But you breathe, as I was trying
And you try to make it calm
You try to keep your chest from heaving
And your feet from shaking
And your standing from leaving
But you know that its not perfect
The pin prick isn't pleasant
And wetness trickles down the neckline of your shirt
You know its blood and you know its your own
And all this time you never asked who was holding the knife
Your shirt grows cold, as mine did
Damp and red - you imagine
Sending unwanted shivers up and down
Your ever so askew spine
There's so many questions to ask
So many answers to try to obtain
In a way though i won't get any
That's rather obvious I'd think
Somewhere along the way
As the movie shows play
I feel a glimpse of a solution
Like I know who and I know what
That I somehow deserve this
That I inserted the weapon in the fist
Still I languish my life
feeling anguish and strife
Feeling like its not going to end so well
But i never hurt a fly
Well I have, that's a lie
But in the grandest scheme of things 
I'm a giant not an ant
A gentle man in the guise of a brute
Against the subtle backdrop
Of heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment