Blog Archive

Thursday, February 14, 2013

No, It'll Come to Me

They told me yesterday to be wary of tomorrow,
Well tomorrow is here, and the day is nearly over,
And I did not heed their warnings.
There was nothing to fear in the course of this day,
Nothing to cause me to be frightened at all,
I just stuck to my gumption and scaled the heights,
To find out what I was made of.
Took a few hours to get the car in its paces,
Took even longer to correct my directions,
Took a little less to take a break to rejuvenate,
But eventually I was there, only eight or so hours late,
Everyone was gone, but I was still waiting,
Thinking that surely they'd be back to find me.
It wasn't such a dangerous routine as you see,
But no one told me that it would be boring,
I would have taken the danger, I would have sped all the way,
For a chance to beware of this mundane quality,
But here it comes again, and I can only pray
For a ten car pile up on the largest interstate highway,
Don't think I have a death wish,
This is just not he case,
But I'd like to be involved in something,
Something of substance, something that connect me with others,
For now though i'll go, at my turtle like pace,
And i'll arrive ninety-nine years too late,
And eat alone, at a now closed eatery,
Hoping that tomorrow will show me the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment