Blog Archive

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Other Things

I dreamed I was falling through the clouds
And I was making up this song about you
I dreamed this all in a single afternoon
And its all because of what you've done

So many people called me by hurtful names
Took me through the mud in there nasty ways
But I don't blame them because I did it for you

People needed something else
People wanted something else
You didn't want me, no matter how much I wanted you

I dreamed that I was calling your name
From some far off place where you couldn't see
I dreamed this just this morning when I couldn't wake for you
Give me more than this my long lost regret

People wanted something else
People wished for something more
And you didn't want me, no matter how much I wanted you

Go ahead and run that way, you won't find happiness there
Not saying you would have found it here, I had my flaws
Go on and chase your dreams that way, they'll evade you
I'm just saying you can't have it all, no, no I can't have it all

People chasing something else
For something else is all they ever want
I just wanted you, but you didn't want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment