Thursday, November 13, 2014

Appropriate Cause Then Effect

I was afraid of what it meant to be in the dark
To find myself sifting through the endless piles of my life
The miniscule details that I failed to care for
Like the minute hairs that stood on end upon my arms
It was a given that it'd be taken for granted
But I'd be damned if I didn't try just a little bit
Helplessly I heed to no one
I garner myself a lost cause and beckon back the path
Caught in a time warp that repeats in reincarnated garble
To spit out obnoxious slang that makes absolutely no more sense than it ever would
I am at a loss
Imprisoned against my own magnitudes
Do not give up on me
Do not cast me away
When I am thus broken like the bow of a ship against the cliff face
Slipping back into the tide
Where water wants me to hide forever
Lost and drowning
Suffocating in the liquid that once gave me life
And now takes it away
The first god, the last god
Life bringer and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment