Friday, July 4, 2014

Long Last Slumber

If perchance tomorrow you fail to wake
I'll have three drinks for your sake
As I think of all those times
We broke all those rules and committed non-violent crimes
Dissected our minds
And collected old dimes
In the rear view mirror I see you
I can't help but think I said it too few
That you meant so much to everyone
No matter how out of control life spun
To too little and too much fun
Through memories you'll continue to run
Around in circles 
About in diagonals
Among the squares
Aboard triangle shaped ships
We're we shared lovely little sips
From strong mixed drinks
That we'd pour down sinks
Unable to stomach the bitterness
While we smiled and we kissed
If perchance tomorrow you fail to wake
I'll go on sleeping and just fake
That you're even gone
My mind will wander into song
All the day long
Hoping I made you smile more than frown
As we took our laundry out to town
I wore an asshole crown
You wore a prima-donna gown
And if cataclysms are our calamities
We'll light off our fireworks in ten thousand cities
Hurting each other than kissing wounds new
And they will look on confused
If perchance tomorrow you fail to wake
I don't know how much more I could take
How I'll handle swimming alone in a lake
Or eating a single piece of my birthday cake



No comments:

Post a Comment