Friday, July 25, 2014

A Place Called Tomorrow

There's a place called tomorrow that keeps me all starry eyed
A place where if I stare long enough I'm brought to the sunny side
But my eyes seldom burn and my feet begin tapping
Where the world is on a silver platter with any cuisine for the trapping
Dissecting and digesting the delicatessen of a dozen places
Being able to sit idly and admire a dozen faces
Without so much a care in the world and all will come true
In that place called tomorrow that is seen by too few

There's a placed called tomorrow that makes me scared as hell
Where children scream and people kill, where all of the broken angels fell
In the midst of propaganda and new world orders
Where people are crucified and demonized for crossing the borders
In the blank slates they fill in evil tarnishment
That terrible men took great care to invent
By the time I even open my eyes I feel the warm red on my face
And if only it were the case I'd escape from that place

There's a place called tomorrow that was a lot like today
And I got through that, and I came out pretty okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment