Thursday, September 12, 2013

Slurred Speech

Bewildered I walked across a frosted prairie,
Despite my reliance at the auto-device which was my mode for arriving,
Despite the liters of alcohol consumed in the twilight,
That bewildered the facets of my existence,
Their faces smudged with smidgens of hording the chocolates,
Leering forward at me while I stumbled to and fro
Across a frosted prairie.

Caustic and gleeful I crawled across the frosty earth,
Sinking one singular fingernail down into the earth at any given moment,
Till I was latched enough to pull myself forth into the wooded glen before my eyes,
To find some shade among the bitter cold of winters bane,
Limited in its execution my odyssey was only in its infancy,
My programmable mind brainwashed with iphones and touch pads,
Gliding over it while crawling forth on the frosty earth.

Toe nails dug in with sand beneath the shield,
Cold sand that existed just behind me on the frozen plains,
Where once I was but no longer am for now I am here,
Among the dew dropping trees of early morning,
Where a hint of a sun looms on the horizon,
But where the hinting sun seems to sit and wait,
Till one blinks where once again it'll rise into the heavens,
As though it were always there.

Little by little I see it all here,
Among the wooded glen,
The lovers and the friends so dear at one point in time,
Now another point points to their demise,
Dismissive solutions arose when they did,
And quietly I closed the curtains,
While the leaves are falling all around me,
I think on the pains of the yesterday fiends,
The enemies who ate me, and spit me back out,
And molded me from pre-digested food like clay,
Shaping me into the person they wanted me to be,
While keeping my very real soul in tact in very unrealistic fashions.

Rubber banded around me are the branches of dewy trees.
They hug me as though they were the hugs of a barbed wire fence,
I'm bleeding slightly but not enough not enough to fatigue me
And my singular mind pressed forward to the lake just beyond the wooded glen,
Where I know fish swim, and men do fornicate with one another,
There are women there too, who sit and wait for their turn,
As the males seek out and have all the fun,
Putting down the wives and the lovers one two and three,
The seconds count down, as the marriages end,
Divorcing the life they once had for something tha looks through beer goggles like greener pastures.

So here I arrive at the lake just in time,
Sipping simply from the waters where bacterial growth surely are,
Though, I no longer truly care, not a lot, or a little, it never crosses my mind,
To quench my parched thirst, to soothe my aching bones,
To calm my muscles I'll receive sickness for the sake of life.

The men stare at me, wondering if I'll join in their circular masturbation,
and then women stadn against pick-up trucks staring non-chalantly to the sky,
Dismissing the sordid behavior of the men,
As though it were the tree that no one heard fall in the woods except God,
If he's even listening at all.
The sexes divided slowly uniting,
Submissive, dismissive, and guised as an illusion,
I'm only eating the frosted prairie,
There are no waters, there are no people,
There are no trees, or hugging branches,
I'm out of my auto-vehicle,
Just outside the door,
Emptying my bowels of my poisons,
Just at the start,
And falling dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment