Sunday, September 22, 2013

Simple Happenstances

It was a concussive blast that sent me spiraling out of control
Forcing me down into the pits of despair where naught but myself persisted
Around me rain evaporated into nothingness
Those that I knew at the time before were dissolving into grains of dust
That dance eloquently into the spaces between my fingers and the world
Cold and rough was my descent
Where my feet seemed to pass through solid matter that was as black as night,
A voided plain that was devoid of rain
But was constantly overcast and grey
Yes, it changed from this to that and back again,
A multitude of tone but only in subtleties.
My eyes could not see, nor my ears hear the marching bands step through,
The temporary veil over my being was slowly lifted and I found my descending at an end,
As I was planted on a bustling road way
Where in I was surrounded by people,
Young and old, aged and brand new,
Captured in a picturesque frame and frozen in time,
All smiling, all cheering, all ultimately happy,
Could it be that I was back where I belonged but in a capture of it,
A place where I was once used and caressed,
Calmed and depressed,
A place where I felt everything as though it were for the first time,
Both pain and misery, both joy and comfort, both fear and anxiety,
Around me at all times realizing that this was all life,
That all these little events added up to this,
And the parade was frozen as if encased in ice
And as I let my finger tips find the cheek of a lovely young woman,
I felt her normally, the color was spared, and she slowly spurred out of her stupor.
We two, and no longer one we set about waking everyone
No words were spoken of our plan
We both knew what had to be done we both knew that we had to touch the lives of those we could
We basked in our new goal having both seen the void having both woken from it,
I on my own and her needing my help
We saw the pattern about us
For we were not the only ones to figure it out
One man was strolling already alive again,
And a young girl walking in hand in hand with her parents,
Reviving them to start on a new
And when all the onlookers were awoken,
They set upon the festival
And the parade marched on through the park circle,
And it was loud and full of vibrant colors
And we all,
All of us were moved,
To be moving at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment