Monday, May 29, 2017

Empathy Entrance

I am a simple sort of person thinking on a million problems all at once
because all of the solutions seem so simple.  As I ponder upon the issues
and take on the battlements it is a peculiar thing to feel the heartbeat
of my enemies.   My sight is transfigured into a thousand souls and I hear
the thoughts of a thousand men, and I am overwhelmed by motives
I feel the inching predicaments that will lead them to their graves.  I
forget that I am not to care for the blood of my foes, I forget to pray
for the souls of my friends for I see them rise up over the trenches
muddled among each other and confused that they are one and the same
and it is a curious thing to observe my depression take shape in the half cocked
smiles of dead men.

No comments:

Post a Comment