Thursday, December 15, 2016

An Attraction of Words

Intimidated by your sheer vocabulary
I stand,
Not in utter fear but in utter wonderment
I stand,
Because to hear it pronounced I am attached,
Stricken to daydreams of the detail you have to say.
My mind is wrapped in your enigma,
Not the sort that opens up into a Pandoras box,
But otherwise,
A plethora of delighted songs,
I stand,
Because the image that I've found,
Is a personification of what it was I dreamt,
Oh, let not the fates resort of fending me off once again.
Intimidated into admiration,
I stand,
In utter wonderment, because
The leaf that falls from the tree
Or the pedal from the flower
Is another example of a scene you could have spoken
I would blink
But then I'd miss sight of you for the fractions of a second.
I will be fearful of the laws of my life
Which appear bent to break me from that which I sought.
As though the rules are written that I should not
Capture that which I admire,
But if in truth the snare is real I hope that it does not hurt,
And if it does I'll nurse the foot that was captured,
And I'll welcome the bedside manner
And note how soothing the cooing of your forgiving quality
Heals me as I heal you and we heal each other.
I stand,
In intimidation of your vocabulary
Of your knowledge and your joy,
You entertainment in entertainments,
And your skewed and perfect vision of this plane,
I stand,
Unwillingly to sulk away defeated,
Lord no,
I do not want to be defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment