Sunday, June 1, 2014

Yearning for Yearning

Under the cloudless night i wander
Alone and forgotten by the sky
Timidly approaching devastation
Considering that my end is nigh
Listening in hopelessness with deaf ears
Speaking though i am dumb
Consciously pointing my fingers
Demanding a refund of my failing
Pushing the people down through the cracks
Stepping atop them to reach the top
Screaming for my assurances
Blasting the speakers till they burst
Upon the weathered feet I stand
No one is listening intently
The sounds of past times pass us
And I am littered with confetti
Grand Prizes won by contest
Finite goods bought with stolen cash
Clamoring for a bit of infinity
Lost in my own mortality
While my betters step on
And not around the rocks
Pushing on through bleeding feet
I am the forgotten prism
That is stuck just there between
A crevice to small too reach
Where i could climb if i had my hand
Or rather the memories of them
Silently praying my prayer
Letting my spirit father save me
When he's too busy causing tsunami's
When i'm too stupid to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment