Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dissecting the Meal

A second helping came and went,
I can't get up for I am spent,
She said don't leave and yet I did,
Though it may have been bitter and stupid,
The food slides down the gullet fine,
For I am one to run and dine,
Just hiding out of sight,
So that I might find what I might,
Just outside this pillowed mess,
Of bed sheets in bitter distress,
Blaming me for food poisoning,
When I told you it was rotted and passed dated,
You consumed it of your own fruition,
Chose to choke on it, and blame me for it,
However, it tasted just fine on the tongue,
Mushed between teeth and mashed and mangled,
Don't forget the initial warmth of the biscuits,
Now you've learned a lesson or two I guess,
I only wish you didn't simply blame me,
Maybe your tastes and mine just weren't meant to be,
What's to blame if that were the case,
If you like chicken fried rice,
And I eat garbage mice.

No comments:

Post a Comment