Blog Archive

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hopeful Jibber Jabber

A child like wonder will compel me forward,
Not knowing what each new step will bring,
Unaware of the joys or horrors around any given corner,
Despite myself I will lose myself in fictions,
Created by others or in my own mind,
Seeking solace in friends,
And chasing liberties in my creative spaces,
A decline may occur
But it will not end in any dastardly fashion.
People will holler and dispute the abuses of power,
But I will not let my mind wander much further,
I'm colliding with walls and slicking down my hair,
The gelatin substance that greases down my looks,
Let's my filter the violence through a media machine,
So I can look on without ever participating in said schemes.
Lost in charismatic speeches I will worship the saints,
Then disown the belief in believing the truths of the lie,
And Commit to memory all the tools of the trade,
But no matter the course I will always be child like and in awe,
Uabashed in my serendipitous tones,
Landing my feet squarely against the jaw,
Then, as the teeth fly out, I will smile.
I love the smell of the smells of the smelling organism,
The one that can alter your face and give you smiles when you'd rather have frowns,
That can decipher your falsehoods and bring out simple truths,
That you thought no one cared to see.
Oh, the fairer sex can demonstrate the abundance of beauty,
But cannot destroy me this way,
But I only wish that they could.
So go on and accept calamities.
And dissect your three wishes.
So go on and admit one,
And tear up the second.
No amount of crying will empty all the tears,
The fountain of youth doth burst from sadness,
But what forward momentum can one obtain,
From drowning in their own tears,
For the shore is not far,
It is just over yonder,
under the same yellow sun,
And upon the same green earth.
So step back and breathe it in,
The lilac plants and silly games,
Take the time to listen,
And bless that time,
For it is rare and far between,
To have open ears,
On either side of a head.

No comments:

Post a Comment