Monday, February 13, 2012

To Just Be There

In the blink of an eye I see I know not what I was saying
I could not fathom what I was doing
Jumping into the ocean without a raft or knowledge
I took this plunge to quickly while your feet were cemented to the ground above
Here I was drowning, and realizing
My feet were cemented too
What was I thinking, why was a grasping at a ghostly image
Not really there
But still a soothing presence
But now I think I understand
You spent so much time swimming amongst the fish
When you were meant to walk on earth
And you have only been there for a bit of time
But you were worried of doing it alone
Because some would make you go back to the ocean
But this time, patience is key
the time could be at hand or not
But you need time to take in the oxygen
And spread your toes in the grass
Welcome home to freedom,
I won't try to dive again,
Not at this moment, maybe not ever,
If we are not meant to be this place,
Built upon sand,
Good, but fleeting as the tide rushes in
Battering everything into flat surfaces void of dimension
I'm calm and collected,
Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment